Tuesday 2 April 2013

Why Do Women Keep Judging Each Other?




This is going to be a different type of post than I usually put on my blog, but I have something that I feel is important to say. And, I think it's so important that I'm going to write it in all caps:


WOMEN NEED TO STOP JUDGING EACH OTHER SO HARSHLY!

It's true, we do. Think about it, every day we are judged- and judge others- by what they wear, who they date, their size, etc. That's obvious, we keep hearing about that in the media. But what bothers me even more, is that we are taking away our own rights to choose how we shall live our lives- and whether or not we choose to have a career.

Twice today I read in two separate posts (on a women's forum) women bashing on other women for choosing to get married young, choosing to be a stay at home mom. Why?! We should each be able to choose what is right for us. I feel like by choosing to be a housewife, many women feel as if just by making a choice for ourselves we are passing judgement on those who choose different. As if we are saying "if it's good for us, it's good for every woman", or that being a housewife or stay at home mom is a more "right" choice. It's not! And I'm sure most other housewives/sahm's would agree that we would never want to push a woman into living a life she doesn't want to lead...

Because isn't that what everyone did to women before women's lib? When women HAD to be housewives and moms, regardless of what they wanted to do? It seems like the inverse is happening now. Wasn't the whole point of the women's liberation movement about a woman's right to CHOOSE a life for herself?

Why is it not okay to want to be a housewife anymore? It doesn't take away your choice to not be one.

I am living the life I want to live. You are living the life YOU want to live. Let's stop judging each other because THAT'S the worst thing we could do for ourselves as women.


No comments:

Post a Comment